History

Since the foundation of our company more than 65 years ago, we have constantly developed ourselves and are integrated into the international enterprise Groupe CAT today. At this point you will find the history of Egerland and Helf, formerly founded as traditional family-owned companies.

 

egerland-logohelf-logoegerland-stva-logohelf-stva-logostva-logo
1949
Werner Egerland
1949 – Werner Egerland founded the Egerland Organisation in Berlin
1955
1955 – Establishment of the location Osnabrück
1968
1968 – The move into the first own workshop in the Narupstraße took place
1970
1970 – The administration building was opened in Osnabrück
1983
1983 – Opening of the service centre in Osnabrück and the commissioning of a fully automatic dewaxing system for paraffin
1990
1990 – Construction of a new logistics centre in Neu-seddin near Berlin
1999
1999 – Completion of the parking deck in Osnabrück with 2.250 parking spaces
2000
2000 – Commission of the own port terminals in Bremen. Founding of the subsidiary Egerland Car Terminal GmbH & Co. KG
2000
2000 –Daimler has awarded the European Daimler Carrier Award for the first time. Egerland has won it and was awarded three more times in the following years.
2004
2004 – Founding of the subsidiary Recontec GmbH in Düren
2005
2005 – Founding of Egerland-Süd GmbH in Emmering near Munich
2006
2006 – Opening of the paint shop in Neuseddin
1951
1951 – One special transporter formed the starting capital of the vehicle transport business.
1962
1962 – The freight forwarding company moved into new premises in Essen. Here a modern fleet with 20 transporters was formed.
1976
1976 – The fleet expanded to 45 transporters and moved to an own compound in Altenessen.
1987
1987 – The location was moved to the current site at the Stauderstraße.
2002
2002 – The STVA bought shares amounting to 37,95%. 2004 the STVA increased ist shares to 66,45% and became the majority shareholder. 2006 the STVA increased ist shares to 94,95%, Werner Egerland holds 5,05%.
2010
2010 –On February 1st the STVA increased ist shares of the Werner Egerland Automobillogistik GmbH & Co. KG from 20 % to 74% and became new majority shareholder
2010
2010 – Opening of the modern service building including a 70 m long conveyor belt and a fully automised carwash system.
2011
2011 – the posthumously honouring of Mr Willi Helf through the Daimler AG for his life achievement in the automobile logistics. Helf was awarded the Daimler Carrier Award six times previously.
2014
2014 – Completion of the circa 200 m2 big „Showroom“-hall.
2015
2015 - STVA increased its shares to 100%. At the same time Egerland and Helf as well as all subsidiaries trade under the name STVA.
2017
2017 - As a result of a shareholder change STVA belongs to 100% to Groupe CAT since 01 November 2017. Previous shareholder was SNCF.

Contact

Get in contact with us!

Contact

SITEMAP

close-icon

close-icon